Iron Flame understands the four (4) pillars of developing a fully functioning Risk Management Framework is built on:
- (1) Leadership and Executive sponsorship;
- (2) Defined Risk Management Process;
- (3) Comprehensive Training and Communications Program (Security Awareness Training);
- (4) Repeatable Performance Review/Evaluation Methodology
Benefit of Service
– One of the most important reasons to implementing a comprehensive risk management program is to ensure compliance with Federal laws and regulations, implement industry standards and regulations, and most importantly to develop a framework to demonstrate such compliance that may result in accreditation.
– At Iron Flame, we believe that an effective risk management program must have a regularly scheduled weakness identification methodology. Due to the lack of visibility of potential risks, annual scans of the IT infrastructure is no longer a best practice. An annual review of weaknesses turns into two (2) years of risk exposure.
– Once the weaknesses are quantified and analyzed for impact to the organization, a structured patch and vulnerability management strategy is needed to ensure all weaknesses are adequately addressed.